Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tune up for Me?

Every so often a car gets a tune-up. I guess today I got the medical equivalent. I feel like I've been poked and prodded from every angle today, and that's mostly because I have!!

I had my blood taken, had to pee in a cup, had my abdomen & chest palpated, and had my uterus scraped... and that was just on my FIRST appointment of the day!

Next I stopped at the tax assessors office. (That's just a virtual anal rape, but whatever!)

After that, I headed over to do my drug test for my new job. I didn't realize it, but I had to give both blood and urine. 3 vials of blood were drawn, and I peed in a cup once again!

Once I finished with my drug testing, I headed over to my primary physician for my physical so that I can get signed off for medical clearance at my new job. There I was poked & prodded some more. I had a PPD placed in my forearm by a girl that clearly had never done it before. Yet ANOTHER needle in me!

.. and then I headed to work! Went in and got my Flu shot. Then sat for nearly 4 hours showing that I'm competent on my skills. (They call it a "skills fair" but fairs are usually FUN things. This was anything BUT fun!)

Whatta day.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com