Friday, November 07, 2008

Dain Bramaged?


So, I had my phone interview today. And less than five minutes after I got off the phone with the interviewer, my recruiter called me.
Kr - "Um, did you have your interview yet?"
Me - "Yeah, I just got off the phone with her, like a couple minutes ago"
Kr - "Well, they've already sent you an offer. She says that she thinks you'll be a perfect fit!"

Wow. I was flattered, and torn all at the same time. The idea of going to Baltimore sounded great, but once I learned what I'd be doing, I wasn't 100% sure that's what I wanted to do. I'll be working on a brain-injury unit - a longer-term kind of inpatient rehab. My recruiter is awesome. I spoke with her for a while (honestly and candidly) regarding my reservations. I'm a med-surg kinda chick. I'm into acute care. I like starting IV's and repacking Wound Vacs. Long term brain damaged people aren't exactly my "type." We'd both decided that it'll either be a cakewalk, or.. well, 13 weeks... that has an end in sight. I said, "Oh heck, let's go for it." And so it was. I'm moving to Baltimore this time next month!

I know I'd been saying that I wanted to go somewhere cold for the winter, but there was still that tiny voice inside saying "What the hell is a California girl like you gonna do in a REAL winter?! You don't even know how to drive in the snow!" It's true. And I'm not sure how I'll handle it, but I'll figure something out. There's no turning back now.

Ps. I called KC to tell her. Her response? "A brain injury unit!? Cool! Maybe you'll be working with Dr. McDreamy!" Silly pissysue. I like your thinking though... lots of young professional single boys out that way.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com