Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Dia De los Muertos

Just wanted to spend a moment of time thinking of those who have passed on this, the Day of the Dead. Not familiar with it? Go ahead, click. You may learn something new.

Dreamt the night before last that I had this super huge tattoo on my R lateral thigh with the names of everyone I've known/cared about** that had died. Every time someone I knew died, I added their name to my leg. In my dream, the tattoo just seemed to be getting bigger each time I looked at it. I distinctly remember it started out with just a little bit at the top, and then at one point I looked down and it was mid-calf. I remember thinking how I was running out of room. (Yeah, still not getting good sleep!) **Had to add the "cared about" because lately It seems that I know a LOT of people that die. Goes with the territory of hospital work, I guess. Kinda sad, but whenever I read the local newspaper, I always make a point to read the obits. You'd be suprised how many names I recognize.

Last night I let Adrienne talk me into going to Scarowinds with her. Was a lot more fun than I thought it'd be. I figured it would be some cheezy theme park with a haunted house somewhere on site. Nooo... soo not that. The whole dang park was transformed. Fog everywhere - so many zombies & other spooks coming after you, you'd think you were walking through a live version of Silent Hill! It was the Massacre Manor walk through the woods that got to me the most! (OMG, you just don't know!!)
Also, several of the roller coasters were open, and holy mazola - we rode this one Borg something ride that has you lie flat on your back. With each loop you end up belly-down feeling like you're going to just fall. Way cool in the middle of the night when it's really dark and foggy!! (increases the OH SHIT factor a notch or two!) I'm already thinking I might just go back again next year.

Got an exam in the morning for nursing - it's on psychiatric stuff. Don't know why, but I'm soo not sweating this one. Guess I feel ok with the material, because it's not "cut & dry" like the other stuff - there's not really anything much to memorize, except maybe meds, but those are straight forward. Everyone seems to be freaking out about this test, and they keep asking me if I've been studying. I almost feel guilty for not studying. I'm sure I'll pass, and I just keep saying "C means continue."
Apathy has stricken in the worst way. I've just passed the halfway point, and it shocked the heck out of me that I signed up for next semester's classes. .... Next semester I take 2 mini-mesters (or whatever) and then it's all about the preceptorship!! (wowzilla - I can't believe this!!) Keeping my fingers crossed that apathy doesn't creep up to kick me in the ass, but I'm still doing pretty well. (Crossing fingers & knocking on wood...)

Susan got me hooked on those Sudoku puzzles. She asked me if I do them, and I told her no, because numbers aren't usually my thing. I had assumed it was all math. I was mistaken. Not a lick of math involved, (100% logic), those suckers are tricky. Try one out... but be sure to have an eraser on hand! :)

Learned a new word tonight -grandiloquent. Someone who talks grandiloquently uses a whole lot of five-dollar words, if ya know what I mean. (Click on link to get to dictionary entry with pronunciation guide)

That's all for now - brain is flooded, but just not focusing on any one thought.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com