Monday my fincanial services counselor called me and asked me if I was Christian... I was like WTF? She said she had some scholarship money to give away, and the scholarship stipulates that the money must go toward a Christian. I answered her question - then told her, if she's got money to give away, she could ask me anything! (I think what I actually said was, "hey if you're getting me some money, ask away! I don't care if you need to know the last time I pooped; it's fine with me!") I didn't know what was going on with it, and wasn't sure what else needed to be done. Sue said she'd send some stuff in the mail for me... (btw, how bad is it when you & your financial counselor are on a first name basis?)
Which brings me to today. Today I got a letter in the mail from Queens stating that there is a change to my loan award notice. ... Instead of the full tuition being on loan, there is a scholarship for $2875 received, and the remainder of it will be on loan. HOLY MAZOLA!! Now, I don't trust everything I see from Queens - received too many bills erroneously to take this one as for sure. Way too cautious these days... and no, it's not money in the hand ~ but nearly $3k less that I have to pay back on loans sounds damn good to me!! (Keeping my fingers crossed that this is for real!)
Bought a pretty cool hat today. Don't know why I'm writing about this, but I'm proud of my hat... I definitely need to take a pic of myself in it, because it's the coolest damn hat ever. I actually think this is the first hat I've ever bought myself - other than like a ball cap or visor.
Need to start my pie-making tonight... Going to have trouble getting into the kitchen tomorrow, as Thanksgiving always makes for chaos in the kitchen. And despite the fact it's going to just be the 3 of us, no doubt this year will be no exception. I work Thursday night, but I go in late so I'm planning on keeping up with everything here in the house. I can only hope I don't collapse from fatigue!
Mom ripped out an ad with a recipe for some kind of turtle pie that she wants me to make for her... I battled the hell that is Wal-Mart in the holiday season and bought all the ingredients. (Damn expensive pie, let me tell you - caramels, chocolate, pecans... geez!) Want to make an apple one, but might just do that later - I've got all the ingredients, but why bake so many pies? Dad went out and bought some frozen ones too - so i'm sure we're guaranteed at least one Mrs. Smiths! (ugh)
Sooo looking forward to Turkey Salad leftovers!! Mmmm ... in the voice of those old muffin commericals ... Makes my mouth water!
Wednesday, November 23, 2005
Money, Hats & Turtle Pies
Posted by AKAKatydid at 8:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment