Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Pretty reassuring, eh?

Nothing like seeing flames come out of a car in a crowded parking deck to get your adrenaline going early in the morning!!

Walking back from my micro test to the parking deck with Coots... stood & chatted in the deck - and out of the corner of our eyes, we saw flames coming up from this dark Pontiac. WTF! ~ So we go to call for help - because if that sucker decided to blow, it would most certainly cause some collateral damage! Ok, so I tell Coots that I've got my cell & I can call 911. She said, no, we should use the emergency call boxes. Um, come to find out those don't work!! Yeah, that's a great thought - fire, or rapist hanging out in the 7-story parking deck, and you can't even call for help.

Lesson? Carry your dang cell phone everywhere. - Oh, and know the exact street names that you are on at ALL times. (eyeroll)

Another lesson? Watching the firemen take an axe to a car so they can pop a hood is acutally pretty exciting.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com