Good morning Baltimore! It's been snowing and raining off & on. Some of the snow is still sticking. Sky looks clear, but the air is full of possiblities! It's March! I don't know... I awoke to this strange optimism this morning. Not that I don't get optimistic, don't get me wrong - but I have this feeling of change. Like new and good things are coming soon. Usually I get that in October. I'm a fall girl- I get excited in the fall for changes. Today, however, It's March. Spring is a couple weeks away, and I'm ready for change!
I can't believe I'm moving in a week. *groan* I'm definitely feeling the stress of wanting to get EVERYTHING done. And yet mostly I don't know where to begin. I've gotten my new address - yay! But I'm trying to get the basics - like getting internet set up, etc, and I'm just hitting roadblocks. I think my mind is not working like it should be right now.
There was this old episode of Married With Children where Al trains Kelly for a quiz show- and she memorizes all these facts. Then she tells Al, "Daddy, my brain is full." But he keeps feeding her facts. Eventually, she remembers the new facts but forgets everyday important stuff (like who Al is!) I don't know... I kinda feel like that.
Ok, I searched but I can't find the video anywhere.. but I was able to find the IMDB page for it here. If anyone sees the video online, please send me the link! :)So, I woke up this morning at 5am. This is the 3rd day in a row i've done this. Not good for a night shifter ... someone who isn't supposed to even be getting off work until 7am! My next assignment is going to be night shift too- so we've got some work to do on keeping me up at night. Only 3 more shifts to go here! Really bittersweet, actually. I've come to really enjoy this place and my patients. The hospital is pretty much FUBAR, but the people there are pretty cool. ~ I'd hate to work there permanently though. Maybe that's why I enjoy it so much more... because I know I'm not going to be there forever. I said when I first started this job that I could be sent to the depths of hell, if I knew it was just for 13 weeks. Somehow, I don't think Dallas will be a problem, though. It looks like I'll be at a really good hospital, and my apartment complex sounds sweet! (yay!)
I'm trying to eat at home as much as possible, because I have a bunch of groceries here that need to either be eaten or thrown away. So this morning I decided to start boiling some potatoes. I have like a 5# bag of them. And even though they won't spoil, I'm surely not taking them all across the country with me! So, potatoes. I made a variation on the potato pancake. Kept them really thick and chunky, added the standard milk, egg, cheese, s&p - but spread them out on a buttered pan and popped them in the oven. Wow. Really good. (And actually a lot easier to make than standing at the griddle!) Wish I knew someone here to share them with.. I like to cook, but I really like sharing what I make with others.Oooh! I just looked out the window, and it's snowing pretty good now... for some reason this makes me grin with wonder and delight! March, I like you already.

0 comments:
Post a Comment