


Drove on Thursday to see KC, Cunado, & Bean. Aw, he's just precious. My visit was entirely too short, but well worth the drive out of my way! Bean slept most of the time, and KC let me hold him. We chatted for a bit while he just slept away on my shoulder.
I realized this was one of the first times I've seen Skyler (my "nephew-dog," as KC calls him) without bringing him a toy. I had a stuffed puppy that's been in my truck for years (had it since before I got my truck). I was thinking it was about time to let it go, so I passed it on to the dog. He LOVED it! (As usual with any toys I give him!) He was licking the damn thing like crazy. KC says, "there's probably coffee all over it." Yeah, I've had my share of Starbucks spill onto the toy! He was in hog heaven.
So today. Friday the 13th. I wake up in a hotel in Pearl, MS - a little town just east of Jackson MS. All alone, in a strange place. Been raining all night, and I really didn't sleep well - too worried that someone was gonna break into my truck and steal everything of mine. Ok, so It's about 7am. ... between the gloomy rain, and the fresh time change, it's still dark out. Hop in the shower. Less than 5mins into my shower, the lights go out. I freak out. I fumble, and feel my way out of the bathroom... the bedroom is pitch black too. I feel around, and find my clothes, get dressed, then open the curtains... it's STILL too dark to see! Found my laptop, and turned it on... (thankfully it had a full battery). It was able to give me enough light to gather my things and get the eff outta dodge. It was pretty freaky- I kept waiting to see if I was on some sort of candid camera shop of horrors or something.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Friday the 13th
Posted by AKAKatydid at 5:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment