Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Brain Tired

My brain is tired. 
This hospital is hardcore as fuck.  I got grilled on the interview.  Then I had to take 2 tests online before I could start.  Then ever since I started, they've been nonstop testing me.  Written tests, math tests, competencies.  Questioning my drug knowledge.  Making me show that I know how to insert foleys, NGs, IV's, etc.  Today I was even quizzed on a handful of drugs, including cardiac drugs that I would *never* push on any unit that I work.  Thankfully, I knew a bit about them, but still..

The whole thing is overwhelming, and makes me feel like I'm in some kind of unappreciated boot camp.  I think if they were nice to us, then I'd feel better.  I don't need someone to hold my hand, but even just once to say, "Welcome. We're glad to have you here." Instead, their attitude is, "We're the best hospital around... do you deserve to work with us?" (They didn't say it, but it shows.  Believe me.)

I'm hoping it gets better once I hit the floor.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com