Monday, March 23, 2009

Frustration Reigns!

So I'm a little sad, a little cranky, and a little frustrated.  It adds up to a lot of unhappiness right now.  Things are not going as smoothly as I'd like... and it is stressful.  My orientation is shitty, and not getting better.  I've been taking tests to within an inch of my life... and many of the educators are so flat out disrespectful that it gets taxing to keep smiling.  

My truck isn't running smoothly & it needs to get taken to the shop.  I'm not sure what's up with it, but ever since I went to Baltimore it really hasn't run right.  (It was fine on the ride up to Baltimore!) I really think something might have happened in the valet garage, but I can't prove it.  I think my front right tire is way out of alignment.. it just doesn't drive as straight and smooth as it used to.

I'm more than a little shocked that I haven't heard from either of my parents in over a week. Talked to mom on the 16th to wish her a happy birthday - it was my 1st day of work, and I let her know how miserable it was. Does she not care enough to check up and see how things are going? Would you check up on your child, if they were living hundreds of miles away on their own- and knew that they didn't know a soul in the state and were unhappy on their first day of work?

I only got 18 hours of work last week, even though I'm supposed to have 36 guaranteed.  They were going to short us hours again this week, but I said we need 36.  Got a message from payroll today that they never received our timesheets.  Usually we get our managers to sign them, but we were told that they have their own timecard forms at this particular hospital.  This hospital now says they know nothing of it, and I'm not sure if and when & how I'm going to get paid. (And how much).  I was told "we're not going to charge you for the shortage of hours" Well duh- and I offered to do more the first week, but they said no.  I think for that alone they should pay me for the full 36, but I guess that's not how things work. 

I don't know.  I'm tired.  I'm stressed.  I just found out this afternoon what my schedule will be for this week.  I still don't know what I'm working beyond Friday.  Not being able to make plans is grating.

Now that my mini rant is over, I'm going to play thankful- because I'm not going to sit and wallow in misery.

Today I am thankful for:
- Broken ticket machine in the parking lot (free parking today!)

- Nobody broke into my home even though I accidentally left my patio door wide open
- CHI flat iron
- Urban Decay eye primer (no creases in my shadow after over 12 hours!)
- Caramel Macchiato at lunchtime
- My truck is paid off
- This assignment is fucked, but at least I'm employed
- Paying off the lawnmower
- Fresh berries on my salad
- Having tomorrow off.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com