Today I am thankful for:
1. Fresh, sweet fruit.
2. Creamy honey. (I think I may've said this one before, but it's so good, it can get another go-round)
3. My yard-boy
4. Impromptu out to eat Mexican dinners.
5. Mom's anti-soda thing. (I pray for its permanence!)
Searing pain (n.) The feeling you get, when in the deep south, and an ant crawls on your foot. (Evil bastards!)
If it were my world, they'd all be like the ants back home - they eat your food, not you!
And while on the topic: if it were my world, all cord blood would be saved for anyone that needed it! I don't think you should have to PAY to save it & bank it on the off-chance that you may need it later in life. I think it should be available to anyone. After all, most cord blood just gets destroyed. Have donation consents standard procedure, buried in the admission paperwork. Do more GOOD! SAVE LIVES NOW! (Just my opinion.)
"And if I died today, I'd be the happy phantom, and i'd go chasing the nuns out in the yard..."
I'm a nurse. ~ A lot of people ramble about how they separate work from personal life. I don't understand that. At least, not since I've been a nurse? I just don't think it's posible to NOT be one 24/7. I guess it's too ingrained. Kinda like how I can even pick out a cop or a soldier - even off-duty, by their stance? I call myself a "hardcore hospital nurse." I work OB/GYN & Med-Surg. Heavy on the Med-surg. I'm not easily grossed out. I can have my hands wrist-deep in your abdoment packing a wound, and then 5 minutes later eat a feast.
* I'll talk about poop while eating fudge brownies unfazed.
* I think about the effects of foods or drugs on the body.
* I ask people who chomp on ice if they're anemic.
* I notice your veins.
* I'm constantly thinking, "eew, wash your hands!"
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Mish-mash
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment