- Believing:: aliens?
- Invasion::of the bodysnatchers
- Boys:: that song Girls & Boys (for those that don't know it, it goes kinda like this: "Girls who are boys who like boys to be girls, who do boys like they're girls, who do girls like they're boys...")
- Island:: Palm Trees
- Repeatedly:: Strike
- Normal:: Vision
- Hex:: binary code
- Tuxedo:: Black Tie
- Virgin:: Records, megastore
- Cereal:: Breakfast (and lunch and dinner!) of champions
word list provided by Unconscious Mutterings.

3 comments:
Hey Kendra,
I found my way here from a link on Shawn's blog. I noticed that you're a nurse tech. Not sure if you posted this elsewhere on your blog, but what unit do you work on? I'm in Nursing school also, but I'm not currently working. I am holding out for a job in NICU or PICU. There hasn't been any opening at the hospital I want to be at yet.
Tiff,
I work on a med-surg floor in a Women's Tower section of the hospital. I absolutely love it!
And yes, I know med-surg is considered the red-headed stepchild of the nursing fields. I don't care what people say, because the more I'm here, the more I love it!
While I'm on the topic, let me just say... I've heard people say that med-surg is for people that can't specialize. *BS* The nurses I work with get a little bit of everything (except men, of course!) They really know their stuff, and are the modern-day equivalent of a renissaince man!
I wouldn't hold out for any job, hon. You may have a dream job, but sometimes you've got to wipe a lot of asses before you get there. (Trust me, I can attest to this one!) And wiping asses isn't that bad, anyway.
Take work where you can when you can - all experience gained is good experience. Besides, you never know what you might like until you try things out.
Good luck to you, and keep me posted!! :)
Hey, no problems with Med-surg. In fact, I hear, that is the way to go. Besides, someone’s got to love Med-Surg!
I have been told several times that's the best place to be to get good experience. Because of personal experience, I've just always known, I went into nursing to work with children.
However, I just finished Psych. rotation in spring semester and really loved it. If there was an opening in Psych., I'd take it also. Man, the stories I could tell you about Psych rotation. But, I’m sure you have your own!
I am looking into other units, but I do not want ER! Wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole, which means I am more than likely destined to be working in ER! :-)
I only have one class this summer, Religions of the World class, which goes towards my BSN. We don't have clinicals during the summer.
Did you go to SNA nationals in Utah? I was there. I met a lot of people from all over. It was pretty neat. I also learned that we have a sucky grading scale compared to some other colleges.
We have to make a C to pass a class and our lowest C is an 80. So if you make a 79.45, no dice.
Speaking of grades, have you heard this one... I use to be an A student, now I'm a nursing student! I noticed you posted how your psych teacher threw out so many questions. I'm jealous! Our instructors hardly ever throw out questions. They always justify why their question was great, even if half the class missed it! And, if by the grace of God they are feeling charitable, if you got it right in the first place, no extra points!
Post a Comment