Tuesday, July 12, 2005

A+ = Me!

No, that's not a grade... (sheesh, I wish!) That's A-pos, as in my blood type. We did blood typing in lab today. It seemed so 10th grade. Ha! Talk about role reversal... In 10th grade, we played with micropipettes & used gel-boxes to play with DNA. Now here I am in college, and we check blood types? It was fascinating, nevertheless.. got to see agglutination firsthand.

Promised myself if I was O-neg, I'd donate blood at every possible opportunity. I guess I get to be chicken a little bit longer. Funny, I don't think I'm chicken anymore though - maybe just not motivated enough to change... sad, too, because I wholeheartedly believe in organ & tissue donation.** Got no fear of needles anymore, really. They took so many dang samples & shots before I started the NSG program, but a 16-gauge to the AC may have me singing another tune!!!

**Yes, I am a donor. You can harvest whatever you want off me when I am gone. Turn me into a virtual pick 'n' pull! If someone can benefit from something I'm not going to need anymore, by all means, get that scalpel out! When I was a teenanger, I wanted to be a cadaver for med schools - a great way to give back to this world, I always thought. I heard they don't use them anymore. Well, whatever - but before you throw me in a box or burn me into bits, you'd best ensure you've done what you can with what I've got.

... you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, but you might be able to get a mitral valve outta 'em!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com