Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Internet-Free and Bursting with Flavor!

It happens every once in a while: sometimes the cable goes out…and leaves you stuck without an internet connection.

Today is one of those days. So – since people forget that there are other uses for a computer, here’s a list of things ways to waste your time on the computer sans internet.


  1. Forget streaming music. Make your own playlist with all the crap you download!
  2. Remember when computers were thought of as an expensive deck of cards? Solitaire is passé, and there’s no challenge. Check out Spider or Freecell!
  3. Pull out your photo editor and stretch faces and draw mustaches on faces of photos. Save the files for later.. you might need them.
  4. Watch all those .mpg & .avi files you’ve hoarded. Lord knows it’s been a while since you’ve seen the big fat lady beat her husband up with the kids laughing… You know the one, where the cop drives by and they stop for a second and the kids laugh, then the beatings return!
  5. Open two music players, and play two kinds of music at the same time. Try something like Siouxie & the Banshees Cities in Dust mixed with John Lennon’s Imagine. Make a theme! Mix Patsy Cline’s Crazy with Tool’s Sober!
  6. Read the notepad .nfo files that came with the illicit stuff you download.
  7. Go into any Microsoft application and hit F1. Right click and choose Animate! Look at all the cool things your icon can do!
  8. Selectively delete the cookies you don’t approve of. Leave the ones for sites you go back to.
  9. Test/preview your screen savers… all of them. (Now that CRT’s are becoming a thing of the past, does anyone actually use these anymore?)
  10. Write an entry for your blog, and save it to your hard drive for upload later.

And if all else fails, read your endocrinology that you’ve been procrastinating about!


Sigh, I really did just make this list up. It’s not from some email I’ve received. And yeah, I’ve done all of these things on this list at some point or another! Oh boy, when I read this over, I think to myself what a dull life I often lead!

2 comments:

M said...

Thanks for checking out my blog. And thanks for the encouragement. It is much appreciated.

You forgot on thing from your list :) I did it today.....

Clean up your hard drive! Do you really need all those files?

AKAKatydid said...

Hey sweetie!

Believe it or not, that was on my list originally.. I had a few good productive things on there... but decided to make the list "Ways to waste your time" on the computer.

Since most of the time spent on the internet is wasted time, I figured, why the hell should we be productive just because the internet is down! *wink*

 
template by suckmylolly.com