Ugh - my orientee just isn't getting it. She's got lots of nursing experience, but she clearly does not take well to change- and I'm not sure how to fix it. Mostly, I think it's her own self-confidence. First, she thinks she knows it all already and doesn't want to be told anything, then she goes and makes some dumb-ass mistake and sulks/beats herself up about it. She created a discrepancy in a controlled med count by not paying attention, and even four heads put together, we really aren't sure how to fix it -- and she doesn't even know how she did it! She also threw away a schedule-II narcotic before ever administering it to a patient. Ugh. With both of these happening so quickly together (like 1 hr apart) she's lucky nobody made her pee in a cup.
Read in a chart last night:
"Patient with rock-hard vagina. Urethra not seen, but palpated."
My thoughts: (1) um, ew. (2) WTF?
(I couldn't make this shit up if I tried.)
Time Change: That extra hour of sleep is a FALLACY to those of us who had to work. To us, it was just another hour of work!
Sunday, November 06, 2011
Orientees, Time Changes, and Rock-hard WHAT?
Posted by AKAKatydid at 8:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment