Friday, November 18, 2011

It's Never OK

So, I just read an article about a law passed in Michigan state to prevent bullying, yet turning their back to bullying when done under certain circumstances. This is the shit that we come up with to "protect" our children? We elect these people and pay them to represent us? It sickens me. Truly.

The GOP pushed through an amended bill, SB 137, which does nothing advocates have pushed for — including reporting requirements and enumeration, or listing, of protected classes. In addition, the legislation provides an exception which allows bullying based on “moral convictions.”

The full language of the insert is: “This section does not prohibit a statement of a sincerely held religious belief or moral conviction of a school employee, school volunteer, pupil, or a pupil and parent or guardian.” (Read article here)


I'm not sure I understand how adults can deem a religious exception to tormenting other children. Bullying is never ok. I guess this was decided as acceptable by the same people that start holy wars and the like.

Michigan senator Gretchen Whitmer had some harsh, and powerful words after this, and I want to stand up and applaud her. I don't post videos often (not really sure why) but this one is worth a moment.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com