Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Help - My Toe is Missing!

Ok, not really, but... I had this patient come in to the hospital with that problem. It was a bad night, and I was super busy, so I wasn't really looking forward to ANOTHER admission. The ED faxed the paperwork to our floor before the patient came up, and his reason for admission was just staring out at me in bold caps like some sort of bad joke:

"PATIENT HAD SURGERY ON R GREAT TOE 2 WEEKS AGO. REALIZED TODAY THAT TOE WAS MISSING."

What!?! That's not exactly what happened, but that's exactly what they wrote. And in a way, the toe DID fall off, but that's another story. I often say "We laugh so we don't cry," and this little number prevented me from a few tears. Even the patient's surgeon got a chuckle out of that one.. I'm sure he needed a laugh, too.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com