Thursday, August 25, 2011

Awful Fussy

I love old people. They have no shame in what they say, especially when they're confused. I took care of the cutest little old guy this week. Two nights in a row, we pretty much had a variation on the same conversation -


It went a bit like this: I go to give his meds, and ask his name & birth date - then tell him we share the same birthday, but not the same year. Both nights, he laughs and tells me he doesn't think I'd be born the same year as him. He asks what year I was born in, and I ask what year he thinks I was born. (Hey, I may be setting myself up for a slam, but I have fun with these people!) First night, his response was 1948, the second night it was 1943. Both times, I laugh and ask him how old he thinks I am. First night, he said "about thirty." Second night, he said, "I don't know, about 18?" I laughed and told him, "I like you!" He responded with a laugh, and said, "Well, I must've said something right, then!"

On night two, I had to stay and help him get out of bed to pee. Our conversation continued and went a little like this:
Him: What's your husband do?
Me: What husband?
Him: [shocked look on his face] You don't have a husband!? Why not?
Me: [shrug] Just haven't found the right one yet.
Him: Well, you must be awful fussy.
Me: [chuckle] I guess so. Weren't you when you were picking your wife?
Him: [scrunches up face] NO!!!!

Seriously, I could just eat the guy up, he was so cute.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com