Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday Afternoon


I took this picture at M&D's house 10/06. I call it "The Lone Golden Leaf"
It may not be Ansel Adams photography, but I love how poetic it is
that one leaf is golden, while the rest are still in full green summer wear.
..and yet they'll all turn at any moment.



Played in the yard today. I absolutely love my chipper! It has a vacuum feature, so I got to clean up the 50 million leaves that have been raining off the trees... I really need to do something with my ginormous mulch pile, but even with my lack of action, it still looks good. I had intended to do some composting, & turn it into a vegetable garden... maybe someday... far off in the future!

I'm just barely finishing cleaing out my closets & purging my junk, and it occurred to me - Kara's party is tomorrow - it's 70's/80's theme dress. .. I think I might have to make a quick run to the Goodwill! I've got a box of shoes & clothes to drop off, & I guess I'll see if I can find some cheesetastic legwarmers or something while I'm there!! It should be so much fun - I wish my camera still worked!

I'm tempted to go buy a video camera .. My (regular) camera broke after Oktoberfest. It's under warranty, but the receipt is completely lost. *cry* I'm sure I can work it out, but I still want a video camera. Besides, with a nephew coming, I'm sure I'll *really* want a video camera (trying to justify a purchase!)

1 comments:

Shaun said...

I love walking in leaves and the sound it makes!

 
template by suckmylolly.com