Sunday, July 02, 2006

Miss Speed... -ing Ticket!

I went to go see Keri in Georgia the other day. Totally spur of the moment thing. Was on the phone with her, and realized that we'd both had the next several days off... so *shrug* decided to hop in the truck and drive on down.

On the way, I drove through York, and met up with York County's finest. (I don't know how I always manage to do this!!) I got pulled over for speeding. I didn't even KNOW I was speeding, but as soon as I saw the lights flashing, I figured I must've been... I mean, I never get pulled over for anything else! I got a ticket for going 63 in a 45. - I thought I was on the highway, or "interstate" as they call it here. Apparently it was just a road disguised as a highway? That was a $290 ticket. Geez. And to top this off, my proof of insurance was not on me. I had my insurance card, but not the one that has your vehicle # and dates valid. So I got an additional ticket for "failure to provide proof of insurance". THAT was a $400 ticket! (what the hell!?!)

I think I've somehow been born under a bad sign, because somehow speeding tickets seek me out. I've been lucky to elude them for like the last 3 years, but just like the game of Russian Roulette, I knew my number would be coming up soon enough... and here it is. GROAN.

It doesn't help when your last name is Speed. I think that's the single reason I've never gotten a warning. Officers love that shit. Yes, Miss Speed... pulled over for ... Speeding! hardy-freakin-har. So I've got a hot date August 14th - at the York County courthouse. *sigh*

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com