Sunday, January 15, 2006

Old-School Double Spacing

Full moon at the PMC and only one pregnant woman made it up our way? Udderly amazing. 'Twas - and I can only safely say this now, after a Fri the 13th AND a full moon - a nice quiet weekend.

Huge exam hell this coming Wednesday. I've got a lot to study. Even in these first couple days, this nursing class has been quite a humbling experience. So far I have been pretty lucky; most of my studying has been in A&P or Micro - not much nsg. I've got a sinking feeling, though, that's all going to change this semester!

Got my first bill for this semester. So far they say I owe $1,515. Of course, I don't believe these bills. Gotta love Queens and their billing department. (Insert big eyeroll here!) Had to cut a check last semester because tuition cost even more than my loans would supply. You can bet your ass that check was written very begrudgingly! Hoping to at least break even after loans & scholarships.

What's this thing now where proper typing etiquette does not require two spaces at the end of each sentence? Something about the fact that computers can automatically calibrate the spacing, and therefore you are only supposed to put one space? No freaking way. This is one I am going to take a stand on. Every sentence I think I've ever typed had 2 spaces at the end; it's just the way I was taught. I guess I'm officially old school? Will continue to 2-space 'em, and let the computers adjust accordingly.

That song Grillz is my newest love-to-hate. I think mostly because I hate the whole gold-tooth thing... yucka. Nothing like a beautiful smile with nice healthy teeth!

Go Panthers! Will probably be sleeping through the game - or at least part of it (starts at 4, I think) but would love to see them take it all the way. Didn't care one way or another about them when I first moved here, but they've kinda grown on me!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com