Thursday, May 05, 2005

The "To Do" List

I sooo wasn't productive yesterday. And I dearly wanted to be, since I felt it was my one real vacation day for myself. (Picking up extra hours at work this week since school is out... and then school starts back up, so yeah, I don't have much time)

So I wrote myself a "to do" list of all these things that are running in my head of junk I really need to get done. And you know what of it I'd done? ... Wash the truck, wash sheets & take a shower. Yeah... I actually put shower on my list. (more on that one later!) Thats all I did yesterday.

I got started early, then I end up screwing off... and when i finally went to bed... where were the sheets? I'll tell you... they haven't moved. They're still in the washing machine. Albeit, clean. But nope.. haven't moved. I actually slept on the mattress pad (which I didn't wash this time, because I didn't want to deal with the stray feathers) and a pillow - sans case. Just took a couple blankets and curled up with them.

So about that shower... well, my intent was this (and it's in order):

  • Strip the bed & wash the sheets (check)
  • while the sheets were in the washer, go outside and wash the truck (check).
  • Once the truck was washed and dried, throw the sheets in the dryer (nope).
  • Run up to the tanning bed (2 minutes away) and get a quick tan in (sorry, cap'n didn't make it.. gonna stay pale)
  • Come home and take a quick shower (Check - HA skipped right to that one!)
  • Get dressed and go get tires rotated and balanced (I so hate going to auto shops - feel like I'm getting ready to be taken... so I kinda skipped that one)
  • After the tires are done, go up to the campus to check on my financial aid & turn in fall registration forms (umm... yeah, I know I suck... thought I could call instead, but never did)

And so on... you can see I kinda screwed yesterday up. Now tonight, I work.. so I really need to be in bed by about noon.. 1pm at the latest. And I still have all this shit that needs to get done. My maternity test is on the first day of class (5 more days) and I still have no idea what our reading assignment is. I guess I better find my phone and charge it so I can call someone to ask...

Next time I make a to-do list, here's what it's going to look like:

  • Crawl out of bed
  • Come downstairs sleepy-eyed and reach for coffee
  • Stare out the windows at the birds
  • Say something like "Lord have mercy on the working woman!"
  • Find something to nibble on - nothing big, just a little something
  • Come back upstairs, coffee in hand
  • Begin running water for a shower
  • Light a candle or two in the bathroom (so that the lights can stay off!)
  • Enjoy the hot coffee while getting pelted with hot water in the shower
  • When shower is through, slather self with lotion, and put on favorite fleece monkey robe
  • Crawl back under still-warm covers and fall asleep

Dayummm... then I could cross everything off, and feel really productive! I need to make more lists like this!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com