It's 4am, and I've got clinical at 6:45am. (Well, she said we can get there at 7am, but geez, at that hour what's 15 minutes!? Please tell me!?) Didn't sleep a wink... Instead, I spent the night reading MATERNITY. Seriously.. this is getting kinda old. I spent allllll day Monday reading Maternity and taking notes. Now, I know I am a good student, and a pretty smart cookie if I don't say so myself.. and I really did apply myself and still spent over EIGHT HOURS going through one of the chapters. All about the changes that occur during pregnancy. There is really just a lot of information. And yet I bombed the quiz. I got all confused with presumptive, probable & positive signs of pregnancy. (eyeroll) Ask me about Chadwick's sign or changes with hypotension, fine... but presumptive/probable/positive signs? I'm lost. And I still don't quite understand it. I think it was really in the wording of the quiz. And a bunch of people got confused by the funky wording! (Somehow it makes me feel good I'm not the only one, at least!) ... it's worth 2% of my grade. Whatever... (Rubbing Earlobes: Woooo-Sahhhh!!!)
So, I've got some new words I learned today:
- *Diaphoresis: Sweating
*Puerperium: (aka 4th trimester of pregnancy) It is the 6wk period between birth & return of reproductive organs to normal nonpregnant state
*Afebrile: Having no fever
*Ascites: Fluid that has accumulated within the peritoneal cavity
And I encountered one of my favorite words just the other day on an online module for work: Nosocomial Infections... (long story) All I can say is Hepatitis!!! (you had to be there!)
Talked to Brandy today for a really long time. Gawd I miss that girl! ((*hugs to you*)) I know, I totally suck for turning off the phone and slipping into my own world, but dang it felt good for a while! Anyway I thought to add her here because she learned a new word today too! :) (hehe) She learned "BLOG" .. when I told her that I got a blog, she told me she thought it was some kind of big flat slimy frog. Haa!!! Ok, I just laughed a little too hard at her expense! But ya know, the more I think of it, it does sound kinda Boggy Froggy! My last pet frog was named "Totem". If I ever get another one, I think maybe I'll name him BLOG! :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment