Lordy, lordy! It's been a wild ride. First I did all the work on the truck (that absolutely *needed* to be done). Then, I come home to find my water heater was dead. And no sooner did I replace the water heater, then my laptop crapped out on me. Took it to a local shop; the repair guy said it's looking like a bad motherboard... Thank GOD it's still under warranty for about 6 more weeks! I dropped it off today, and expect to have my beloved "Coppertop" back in about 3 weeks. (yeah, it takes forever!!)
So, it's been a series of job rejections after I refused the job in Fort Worth. (I think I'm the unloved child at that agency right now!) And between the job rejections, & all my shit breaking, I'm still smiling.
I'm keeping my head above water, and for that I'm thankful.
Here's more things I'm thankful for:
1. Being around my family & friends.. feeling loved & missed.
2. Coffee for "after dinner relaxation"
3. My washing machine can wash an entire comforter
4. Discovering I had some after-tax money in my 401k that I can withdraw without penalty.
5. My Birks are 1,000 years old, and perfectly broken-in.
6. OrthoMax bug spray. (Judging by all the dead bugs in my house, it really works!)
7. Watching birds eat at my feeder.
8. Warranties! (& being organized enough to find the receipts.)
9. A better margarita in SC than in Dallas. (Ha!)
10. The feeling that, despite everything, I still believe in myself, & am confident I will land on my feet.
Things have been pretty shitty, but I've got a shit-eating grin. I'm standing tall, knowing it'll get better.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Home again, home again
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment