Friday, May 08, 2009

Toes, Keys, and Other Big News


So, I've never really shared this with anybody, and if anyone's actually noticed it, they've never called me on it- but I'm going to open up and share this with you now.  I do this really weird thing with my toes when I'm just laying around, often right before I fall asleep.  It's like the right foot holds the left big toe or something.  The position really doesn't deviate.  Right always holds left; never the opposite.  I don't know how long I've done it, but it's not anything new.  
This is very big news; it's important to know, and that's why I'm bothering telling you so. - (Dr. Seuss' Sleep Book)

Yeah, I think I've quoted that book more than a couple times through the years on this blog.  Can't help it- it's still my all-time favorite children's book.  And yeah, I have it memorized. (Well, at least like 85-90%... I stumble on a few parts toward the end... I'm often asleep by then!)

So, I dropped a Sharpie in the parking lot the other day.  I accidentally ran it over with my truck, and there's dark blue stains all over the ground.  It looks like the pen practically exploded with paint, or something.  I don't know why I'm sharing that, but *shrug* I guess it's a day of sharing unnecessary lame stories?

Ok, so I did something incredibly stupid last week.  I checked my mail on the way home from work - tired as all get out after a 12 hr shift, and working on very little sleep, I was like a zombie driving home.  Well, when I put the key in the mailbox, I realized I got a package... I was so excited to see what it was, that I actually drove off and went to my apartment- leaving the key still in the lock.  But it wasn't just the mailbox key; my spare apartment key was on the ring, too.  Yeah, notso good.  The worst part was, it was like 5 days later before I realized what I'd done! ~You know how sometimes you remember things several days after a heavy drinking session? It was kinda like that...
Where's my keys?  Wait a minute.. did I..? Oh shit!!  Thankfully, someone had turned it into the apartment manager.  I am so thankful for this.  
**Lesson learned: Never leave keys in the mailbox.  If you are too tired, you cannot be trusted to check your mail properly.  Wait until you are well-rested, because otherwise you could have a potentially dangerous situation on your hands!

I have so much that I think I want to say, but I dont' know where to begin.  I feel like after being away from the blogging thing for a while, I need to play catch-up.  Fuckit.. I'll do it later.  I've been up all night, and I need to sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you, if you've got aim or msn you should add me at dj92jr for either so we can catch up.

Dean said...

This is dean btw. :)

 
template by suckmylolly.com