Saturday, January 10, 2009

Charting

Yeah, it's really not good when you're halfway through filling out your flowsheet on a patient, then go, "Wait, who am I charting on, again!?" Lots and lots of boxes to fill out for even our most stable (non-medical) patients!

Paper charting on 8 patients is a LOT of writing. Thankfully, most of them are pretty stable and don't require much narrative. Once the eight million boxes are checked, I'm ok for most of the patients. I'm pretty much really starting to feel comfortable and enjoy my job. Most nights I work with some really awesome staff. The LPN I usually work with kicks ass. She & I started at the same time, so I was afraid at first that it'd be like the blind leading the blind, but it wasn't. She's great. And the techs.. oh my gawd. I've never seen such great help. They do so much, without even being asked- so I have time to get all my paperwork crap done.

And while this job is SWEET, and easier than any I'll ever see again, I've already decided I'm not renewing. It's not that things aren't good- the assignment is good, the city is great, and the pay is OK. I want to bounce around the continent for a while. I imagine the travel thing will get old fast, and I really want to see what's out there. Besides, I kinda get bored if I don't see wounds, needles and labwork after a while. ~ Like I said before, the number of assignments available right now looks really thin, and at least I know that I can keep this one if I need to! Backup plans are always good!

PS. I'm so going to hell for this, but I LOVEEE some of these fucked-up patients! They just make me laugh. I wish I could share them with y'all. I have one that has a head that looks like a deflated basketball. She's so messed up, and so damn funny. I can't think of her without bursting into laughter!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com