Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Baby got ... backpacks?

Written a helluva lot last couple weeks, but really haven’t blogged much. Could name a dozen excuses why it hasn’t been published, but not a single good reason, so I’m not gonna try.

Listening to ((xm)) watercolors … just a great way to “relax, relate, release.”

How/why the hell did I wind up with an A in psych? Because the prof is on crack, that’s why. I’m done talking about that class now. It’s over, & I’m sure I’ll have new things to bitch about when the fall semester starts next week.

Forgot to comment on that Target commercial – oh yeah, that’s cuz my jaw was still on the ground. You know which one – the play on Sir Mix a Lot’s “Baby Got Back”. Wow, it takes a lot to shock me speechless. Did they yank that off the air or something? I only saw it once or twice. Was actually thinking I might hear “LA face with an Oakland booty” mixed in … if I did, I’m sure it’d be way past September before I’d be able to recuperate enough to comment!

Let me get political (or something) for a minute. Cindy Sheehan. The story raised my eyebrows because she’s from my hometown. (No, I don’t know her or her family; the town is not that small!) See here’s the thing: back in ’04, she had nothing but supportive, patriotic things to say. Now what? Is she trying to get something out of her story?!
Here’s my take: for just one second, set aside your feelings about the war. Now, let’s focus on joining the military. Let me remind you, our country is NOT drafting soldiers. The military is comprised of patriots who have dedicated themselves wholly to the service of our country. They know damn well that they are putting themselves on the line upon enlistment. They are able to sign and vouch for themselves & make the decision whether or not to join. I understand the sorrows of mothers whose children were drafted. I understand them being compelled to protest out on the streets & on TV. But Cindy, hon, your son enlisted himself. You come from a military town… you should know better. Please don’t tell the world that the president murdered your son. It’s an un-American, unpatriotic, & downright ugly thing to say.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com