lots of things that are long overdue... but for now I'll tackle the fact that I haven't really written shit on this blog in ages. Not that nothing is going on, it just kinda works out that way that sometimes you don't put any time into blabbering. Of course, I've got an exam tomorrow... this could be one of the reasons I'm here blogging. Procrastination is a fine thing!
Jeff's gotten me hooked on this myspace thing too. *sigh* It's like crack, I tell you!! First time I logged on, I swear I probably spent four hours going through profiles and looking at boys! *yeah, lol... well the boys on other sites got kinda old, so at least it was new faces! :) I know, what a freakin dork. You'd do it too. Go 'head... login ... see what I mean. But don't say I didn't warn you... MySpace Anonymous, here I come!! (My name is AKAKatydid, and I'm an addict!)
School is going well - so far, at least. Got my results back from my Psych midterm. Was really worrying about that one, but somehow I got an A. (Don't know HOW I managed that... because I really thought I bombed it) It was a low A, but what the hell... An A was a LOT higher that I expected. (And would settle with a C perfectly fine, thankyou - but don't tell Dr. Whatshername that!)
So glad to be on my pediatric rotation - because it's a more leisurely pace class. Not that it doesn't come with any challenges, but it's just not as brutal as Med-Surg II. Before spring break, I spent a day in the PICU and a day in a pediatricians office. Both experiences I enjoyed - but I will say, I found the PICU to be quite heartbreaking. So much tragedy. Some of the stuff I really couldn't get out of my head. I kinda knew from day one that my heart was with old people, and the more I'm around the young'ns the more i'm positive that I don't belong anywhere near kids ~ at least not as a career. (Still waiting on that niece/or nephew, though *ahem* sis!)
Put some pictures up from my trip to Minnesota. I think I posted that earlier, but I don't remember if I linked any of the pics. The album is here. Cannot believe how un-photogenic I am!! Dan's right... I really didn't have that stomach last time he saw me. (groan, yeah, i feel sensitive about it too!) - Welcome to fucking nursing school. Weight gain can be completely explained as the body's response to stress. (yes, I learned this in physiology - no I'm not BS'in this one!) The body goes into stress, so therefore, it stays in fight-or-flight mode. When it does this, it saves all the calories/energy - because it might need it for later... or some shit like that. I don't remember the particulars, because I didn't do particularly well in physiology! LOL.
Ok, screwing around time is over for now... I do have an exam tomorrow on Pediatric Mathematics. yay - two of my most favorite subjects.. [/sarcasm]
Tuesday, March 21, 2006
Long overdue
Posted by AKAKatydid at 11:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment