Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Heart Shaped Box

So what if I don't have an iPod? I still listen to Podcasts. I'm in love with Coverville.

Christmas was different this year. Not bad, just different. Was scheduled to work on Christmas Eve, but due to low census I was sent home and put on call. I ended up going to midnight mass... Haven't been to church in a LONG time, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. (And big hugs to Paulette, a non-Catholic, who was willing to go with me!!) Drove to Georgia after I was "off call" at 7am. Kace had it at her house, which was a first. I still think it's not Christmas without Debbie. I miss her dearly. Family dynamics have changed in so many ways in the past few years, and I'm still not sure what to make of it. I called Uncle Steve, Dev & Sara on Christmas Day. I think I shocked the hell out of Unc. Didn't mean to, but it just didn't feel right to spend another Christmas not talking to them! I can't believe it's been 2 years since I've last seen any of them!! (Dev & Sara's voices have changed a LOT!)

While I was Christmas shopping last week, I saw this beautiful porcelain/enamel covered RED heart-shaped stock pot at TJ Maxx. I knew better than to buy that for myself 2 days before Christmas, but told myself that if it was still there after the holidays I'd go back and buy it. (Kind of trying to avoid any impulse buying, if nothing else) Well let me tell you, I haven't stopped thinking about this pot. Started to worry that it might not be there when I got back, so I started looking for it online - and came up with nothing. I'm going to go tomorrow and check! Keep your fingers crossed for me that it's still there.

Saw Narnia at the theaters the other day with KC & WG. Not bad. I didn't really want to see that one, but I enjoyed it. (Would have rather seen The Family Stone instead.) I don't think I'd read the books as a kid, but I had seen the old PBS movie, though really don't remember it. I actually brought some yarn and a hook into the theater, and began crocheting a scarf during the movie. (I dropped my hook about 40 mins into the movie and it landed under the legs of the guy sitting next to me... No more crocheting in the theaters for me, I think!)

I'd made scarves for Keri, Mom & Brandy for Christmas. Didn't mention it here before, because I didn't want to give away any suprises! :) Anyway, so I've been making all these scarves for other people, and I still don't have one for myself ... so I made one for me. It's this wild shade of green "florida keys green"

Wanting an In-N-Out burger right now. (pout)

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com